|Pitch Black Wings|
|Full Name||Jin Kazama|
|Relationships||Kazuya Mishima (Father/enemy)|
Heihachi Mishima (Grandfather/enemy)
Lars Alexandersson (Half-uncle)
Asuka Kazama (Relative)
Hwoarang (Rival/good friend)
|Fighting Style||Traditional Karate|
|Occupation||Mishima Zaibatsu CEO|
- "I shall not succumb to my fate."
Jin Kazama is the current and true main protagonist and "anti-hero" of the Tekken series, and the deuteragonist/facade antagonist in Tekken 6. He is one of the most recognizable characters, as he is featured on the packaging for the console version of each sequel following his introduction in Tekken 3.
Jin Kazama is of Japanese ethnicity. He has black hair that spikes at the back of his head like his father, and fringes like his mother. Jin is also notably muscular and toned, evidence of the many years of hard training. While Jin inherited his father's body structure, his face strongly resembles his mother's. One of Jin's most prominent aspects is the black mark on one of his arms, a mark that the Devil branded onto him. His outfit consists of black pants with a red flame on his right leg with orange and yellow tint. He also wears a black and yellow karate belt to his waist, a red spiked detachable gauntlets and red and black footpads.
This is his primary outfit in Tekken 6 and his appearance in the spin-off and crossover games onwards.
Jin is a calm, good hearted man and is even an honorable warrior on the battlefield. Once Jin's mind is focused on anything, he has an extreme "tunnel vision". Jin maintains an indifferent demeanor toward those who cares for him, and he will help them when needed. Jin becomes angry by acts of evil, and be very bitter and resentful to his foes. He avoids others for their safety because of his Devil Gene.
In Street Fighter X Tekken, Jin appears to be rebellious and hostile towards most people including Xiaoyu, as seen in his winning quotes with her and it's a stark contrast to his normal game counterpart who is a calm and good hearted man. He prefers to be alone and does not allow someone to interfere in his fights as shown in his pre-quotes with Xiaoyu who tries to convince him not to do this alone. In their ending however, he shows his stubborness towards Xiaoyu and orders her to stay away when he was in Pandora's state as the power of the Pandora's Box didn't cure him from his Devil Gene.
Jin Kazama is the son of the good-hearted Jun Kazama and the evil Kazuya Mishima. When Jun became pregnant with Jin, the Devil that possessed Kazuya attempted to enter Jin while he was still in his mother's womb, but Jun managed to defeat it. Wishing to raise her son alone, Jun moved to a remote location in the mountains, where she raised Jin and trained him in the Kazama family's self-defense fighting style. Several years later, Jun sensed the approaching of a great evil and decided to tell Jin about his origins. She also told him that if anything were to happen to her, he should look for his grandfather, Heihachi. Jun's premonitions proved to be true, as she was attacked by Ogre 4 days later on Jin's 15th birthday. Jin began searching for his mother, with no success, and swore revenge. He was then taken in by Heihachi, who began to train him in Mishima-style Karate.
Four years later, Jin entered the King of Iron Fists Tournament 3, defeating numerous opponents, and a draw with his rival Hwoarang. Despite this, Jin continued on through the tournament and finally arrived at the temple where Ogre was located. Heihachi appeared and challenged Jin to a fight in order to lure out Ogre, but kept this from Jin. Eventually, Jin defeated his grandfather, and Ogre then appeared before him. Angered by the sight of his mother's killer, Jin engaged Ogre. During the fight, Ogre absorbed Heihachi's power to transform into True Ogre, but was still defeated by Jin. Mere seconds after his victory, Jin was attacked by Heihachi's Tekken Force, and received multiple gunshot wounds before Heihachi shot Jin in the head. But the Devil Gene within Jin kept him alive by morphing into his devil form, Devil Jin. Jin then slammed Heihachi through a wall of the temple and violently hurled Heihachi down into the ground, and flew off.
Since his betrayal by Heihachi, Jin loathed everything related to the Mishimas - his bloodline, fighting style, the Devil Gene in his blood, everything. Day after day, Jin trained to unlearned the Mishima-ryu fighting style, and master the traditional art of karate. One day, Jin heard the The King of the Iron Fist Tournament 4 was announced; Jin entered without hesitation to destroy the evil Mishima bloodline. After fighting many opponents in the tournament, including Hwoarang, Jin finally had a match with Kazuya, his father. On his way to fight Kazuya, Jin was attacked by the Tekken Force. Jin managed to take down a number of them but was outnumbered and eventually defeated. He was then taken prisoner and held captive at Honmaru. When he awoke, he found Kazuya and Heihachi there when Kazuya attacked Jin to take back his Devil Gene, but Jin defeated him. Heihachi then tried to beat Jin next but was also defeated and Jin tried to kill them, but stopped when an image of his mother came to him. Jin dropped his grandfather and flew off into the night. However, he was overwhelmed by an evil presence and lost consciousness.
Jin was awokenend by an unknown voice in a destroyed forest, and he knew he was the one who did it. Upon returning to Yakushima, Jin was plagued by recurring nightmares triggering the Devil Gene. Unsure of how long he could hold on, Jin set out to end his bloodline. Jin fought Hwoarang again, but the devil gene began to take over Jin, and Hwoarang took the opportunity to strike and defeated Jin. Devil Jin awakened and defeated Hwoarang afterwards. Back in his human form, Jin met and battled Jinpachi Mishima and in the end defeated him. Jinpachi exploded into nothing but dust. Jin in the end walks into the Mishima Zaibatsu throne room having claimed the Zaibatsu.
Having known about Azazel for a long time since Zafina's story, Jin knew that the only way to awaken Azazel was to fill the world with negative emotions, and the best way was starting a war. He utilized his elite military unit, the Tekken Force, to carry out covert missions in order to engulf the world in chaos. Once he had rendered most countries' military power useless, he took over space colonies, oil fields, and other energy producing resources. He declared the Mishima Zaibatsu’s independence and waged war against the rest of the world, taking over nation after nation. Jin learned that Kazuya Mishima was controlling the first and most powerful opposition, G Corporation. When the G Corporation placed a price on his head, Jin announced The King of Iron Fist Tournament 6. When Jin was confronted by Lars, he tells Lars his plan and that Azazel is not yet dead because he can only be killed by someone with the Devil Gene, so Jin can be freed from the Gene, saving the worlds from the Gene's schemes and revive all the people who became a victim of the war. Azazel, now much stronger, suddenly erupts from the rubble, but Jin powers himself up with the Devil Gene, and punches his fist straight through the Azazel's chest, sending the both of them plummeting to their apparent deaths. Raven and his colleagues later find Jin's half-buried body in the desert with the Devil Tattoo is still visible on Jin's arm, showing that Azazel's demise had not freed him of the Devil Gene.
- Jin, along with Guile, is the only character to say profanity in the game. His victory quote against Asuka is "I don't have time to listen to your bullsh*t".
- Jin's behavior and personality is a stark contrast to his normal game counterpart as seen in his pre-fights and win quotes with Xiaoyu over the course of the game. His behavior however is similar to Sasuke Uchiha from the Naruto anime series. This behavior however is also present in his appearance from another crossover game, Project X Zone.
- His default fighting stance was his Tekken 5 CG pose and after executing most of his moves, he will seen in his original fighting stance to his normal game counterpart before switching back to his default stance.
- He and Kazuya's karate belts are longer from the knee. In their normal game counterparts, their belts are below the knee.
- In most trailers, Jin is seen in his CEO outfit (minus the trenchcoat) fighting against M. Bison. Later on, he makes an unlikely alliances with his father Kazuya against him.
- He is the first character to have projectiles in the game the others are Steve, his bodyguard, Nina and later his android, Alisa.
- When teaming up with Ryu after beating the first stage. Ryu was impressed to his sharp moves as Jin states that he wants to serve him in the Zaibatsu to join him as seen in their victory quotes.
- Interestingly, some of Jin's basic attacks are based on Ryu's basic attacks and his "Shun Masatsu" move is also based on Ryu's unique attack but slow to execute. His blocking pose also resembles Ryu's when he blocks the opponents' moves.
- When Jin teams up with fellow Tekken characters or from Street Fighter characters, his pre battle pose resembles Ryu's pre battle pose during their pre-fight with his tag partner Ken Masters.
- He also shares similarities and often compared to Ryu due to their roles as the main protagonists with their respective games and being suffered from their evil beings such as his Devil Gene (In Ryu's case, The Satsui no Hado). He later changes his role as an "anti-hero" in Tekken 6 and onwards making him as the complete opposite to Ryu.
- During the mid-boss fight when playing as Ryu and Ken against Jin and Xiaoyu in their Pandora's state. Both Ryu and Jin shoot their projectiles as both were equally hit from Ryu's "Hadoken" and Jin's "Penetrating Fist" respectively from their first attack.
- Some of Jin's moves has minor changes to his arsenal as his "Median Line Destruction" is based on the movie "Tekken: Blood Vengeance" where he pummels his grandfather, Heihachi before knocking him outside the castle. His "Over the Shoulder Reverse" and "Tidal Wave" throws became fast to execute rather slow his "Right-Roundhouse Punch however becomes a strong version of his "Demon's Paw" rather his uppercut and his "Spinning Flare Kick and L.L.R.K to Spinning Flare Kick" is based on his appearance in "Devil Within" as he stands up after execution rather than lying down.
- Jin's "Penetrating Fist" appears to be very tricky against his opponents as seen when his opponents are getting close or behind from his projectile and gets hit from it. This makes it as his strategic move against them.
- His cross art was "Avenger" his unblockable move where he punches his opponent first using Thrusting Uppercut and several punches in reversal and pass to his partner by knocking him/her down with one powerful punch.
- Both Ibuki and Poison are attracted to him in their victory quotes when he was against them. Jin's victory quote however against Poison was to show his rudeness towards her despite her gender is a transexual as he says "Didn't you think you would be shown no mercy because you're a woman? You don't know me very well, do you?".